Monday, January 19, 2009

Some African

Okay, so let me tell you about a date I had this summer. First of all, they tell me he has some african in him...So, I'm thinking probably half, maybe less, probably looks american indian. When he calls, he has an accent. Which, not knowing him, sounded exotic and exciting. So, we agreed to meet at a restaurant off of 44 as he was from OKC. So, I get there, and I wait, and I wait, and I wait. Finally, I ordered something to go and went home. An hour and 45 minutes after we were supposed to meet(which means he didn't leave until we were supposed to be meeting!), he calls to tell me he is close to the restaurant and wanted me to meet him. I finally convince I'm not going to, but for some Stupid reason, I agree to meet him a few nights later. Of course, he's late. Then, he gets lost and makes me stay on the phone with him until he finds the restaurant. Seriously, you can see the thing from 44, not hard to find! When the dark black guy walks in, I'm 100% sure this is the guy they have set me up with. Turns out, he's not part African, HE'S FROM AFRICA! Came over from Nigeria a few years ago! I can't understand him at all. At one point, he asked me a question and I nodded because I thought he was just commenting. He basically asks what my 5 year life plan is. Oh, and I was told he was a nurse....No, he was a nurses aide on the night shift at a nursing home! As were were leaving, he asked me when we could do that again. I told him as nicely as I could, we just were on the same page, and I didn't think it was a good idea to go out again.

I called in on my way home to give my evaluation. First I was asked, where did you meet. So, of course I shared that I got stood up. Then I was asked if I thought he was cute. I told her that I was told some african, not all african! Then she asked about the conversation....Finally, she asked if I would be going out with him again, to which I adamantly replied "NO". She laughed and said, "Yea, I figured, but I have to ask anyway!"

1 comment: